This hybrid 39 contact hour course is designed to help current project management practitioners prepare for the Project Management Professional (PMP) exam. The course is currently aligned with the PMBOK® Guide – Fifth Edition and covers the following exam topics:
5 Knowledge Domains/Process Groups (+ Exam Weightings)
- Initiating the Project (13%)
- Planning the Project (24%)
- Executing the Project (31%)
- Monitoring and Controlling the Project (25%)
- Closing the Project (7%)
10 Knowledge Areas
- Integration Management
- Scope Management
- Time Management
- Cost Management
- Quality Management
- Human Resource Management
- Communications Management
- Risk Management
- Procurement Management
- Stakeholder Management
Project Managers are tasked to complete projects successfully, efficiently, on time, and within budget. Organizations rely on trained professionals to generate and follow processes to accomplish critical goals.
New Horizons Tampa Bay’s Center for Leadership and Development offers courses appropriate for anyone from new project managers and those taking on the role within other departments, to more experienced professionals interested in certification.
Project Management Training Options at New Horizons Tampa Bay
From general project management principles to certification preparation or mastery of Microsoft Project software, New Horizons Tampa Bay has training programs to meet your needs.
CompTIA Project+ Training & Certification
WHAT IS COMPTIA PROJECT+?
Project+ certification is an internationally recognized standard of project management skills. It validates your skills to lead and build relationships, complete projects on time and within budget.
PROJECT+ COURSE TOPICS INCLUDE:
- Initiating projects
- Scope statements
- Project budgets and schedules
- Project management strategies
- Implementing and closing the project
- Project relationships
- And much more…
Microsoft Project Training
WHAT IS MICROSOFT PROJECT?
Microsoft Project is a project management software program designed to assist project managers in effectively managing tasks so they can achieve a successful outcome.
MICROSOFT PROJECT COURSE TOPICS INCLUDE:
- Project management and creating a solid project plan
- How to manage and configure tasks in Project
- Managing and understanding resources
- How to integrate data with other Microsoft applications
- How to track costs in Microsoft Project
- Viewing projects information more visually
Project Management Certification Training
WHAT ARE CAPM® AND PMP® CERTIFICATIONS?
Project Management Institute (PMI)® Certifications are the project management credential of choice across a vast array of industries and companies. By attaining your PMI Certifications, your name will be included in the largest and most prestigious group of certified professionals in the project management community.
CERTIFIED ASSOCIATE IN PROJECT MANAGEMENT (CAPM)® CERTIFICATION
If you are new to Project Management, train and earn your PMI Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®. The CAPM certification is designed as an entry-level certification for project managers with minimal experience.
By training for and passing your CAPM certification you can demonstrate clear foundational training and skills to begin your career as a Project Manager.
To earn your CAPM, you need to have:
- High School or equivalent diploma
- At least 1500 hours experience OR 23 hours of Project Management training
- Project Management Professional (PMP)® Certification Preparation Course – Sixth Edition
PROJECT MANAGEMENT PROFESSIONAL (PMP)® CERTIFICATION
If you are an experienced Project Manager, train and earn your Project Management Professional (PMP)® certification. The PMP certification is designed for experienced project managers responsible for all aspects of a project.
Earning a PMP certification demonstrates an understanding of complex project management concepts, and the ability to lead and manage multi-functional teams, and enters you in a global community of professionals and experts.
Obtaining a PMP certification improves your marketability to employers and commands a higher salary. According to the PMI Salary Survey – Sixth Edition, “A PMP increases your salary up to 10% more than your non-credentialed colleagues and peers.”
TO EARN YOUR PMP, YOU NEED TO HAVE:
- 4-year degree
- 4500 hours leading and directing projects
- 35 hours of project management education
- Secondary degree (high school diploma, associate’s degree or equivalent
- 7500 hours leading and directing projects
- 35 hours of project management education
WHAT IS PRINCE2?
PRINCE2 will help you control an ever-changing environment by providing the essential governance toolkit for any project manager.
BENEFITS OF PRINCE2 CERTIFICATION
- PRINCE2 certification allows you to immediately apply the PMBOK knowledge in ways that will elevate you as a Project Manager and the projects you manage
- AXELOS formally recognizes project managers with relevant previous experience and specified certification from either PMI or IPMA and permits them to study for PRINCE2 Practitioner level without the need to take the PRINCE2 Foundation exam first
- 38 PDU Points for PMI Project Management Professionals
Your sponsorship of PMI Tampa Bay can have a big impact on advancing the Project Management profession, helping to fund events that bring people together, inspiring them to take action to change business outcomes via project management principles. It will also have a big impact on your bottom line, providing you exposure and access to leaders in the profession that will maximize your brand value. An annual sponsorship gives you the maximum brand exposure and awareness.
There are four levels of annual sponsorship:
- Individual Meeting $200.00
- Silver Package $750.00
- Gold Package $2,500.00
- Platinum Package $5,000.00
NEW HORIZONS FRESNO PRINCE2 COURSES INCLUDE:
- PRINCE2® Foundation
- PRINCE2® Practitioner
- PRINCE2 Foundation + Practitioner Bootcamp
The PMP certification is a proven way to enhance your resume, elevate your career potential, and boost your earnings.
- Earn a higher salary.
- Build skills and knowledge that are transferable between industries, market segments, and geographic locations.
- Earn a prestigious certification recognized around the globe.
- Prove your project management knowledge, commitment, and experience
PMP is offered by the Project Management Institute (PMI). PMI is the world’s leading not-for-profit professional membership association for the project, program, and portfolio management profession.